Re: ORA-00602

From: Walter T Rejuney <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 12:18:15 -0400

"Tomasz G." wrote:

> > Based on the limited information you have provided the error message means
 that
> > the database cannot process the query. Since we don't know what the query
 is,
> > we cannot offer better help.
>
> Ok. Query is simple and look like:
> SELECT Name FROM Table WHERE Name<'G' ORDER BY Name DESC
>
> On column name is created index (not unique, not bitmap).
>
> Any suggestions?

If you have a table named "table" then you have some problems that you'll have to deal with.

Try your query this way:

select "Name" from "Table" where "Name" < 'G' order by "Name" DESC;

This presupposes that the column "Name" really is mixed case and that "Table" is really mixed case. In your query, the name of the table should appear EXACTLY like it would if you queried the DBA_TABLES view and the column name should be exactly the same as it would appear in DBA_TAB_COLUMNS.

By the way, it is dangerous to name a table "Table" since this is probably a reserved word in Oracle and I wouldn't be surprised if "Name" weren't also considered to be a reserved word. Received on Wed Oct 18 2000 - 11:18:15 CDT