Re: ORA-00602

From: Dave Weeks <dave_at_quarks.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 11:51:11 +0100

Hi Tomasz,

This is the full description of the error at: http://sys1.cs.usu.edu/oracle/docs/DOC/errmsg803/A54625_01/newch2b.htm

    ORA-00602: internal programming exception     Cause: An internal programming exception has occurred.     Action: Report this error as a program bug to customer support.

It would be a good idea to try slightly different queries to try and reproduce the error before calling your local support centre.

e.g. SELECT * FROM Table WHERE Name<'G' ORDER BY Name DESC;

        SELECT Name FROM Table ORDER BY Name DESC;
        SELECT Name FROM Table WHERE Name<'G';

This way, you may even realise that it's one of the particular SELECT clauses that's causing the error.

Best of luck,

    Dave W.

Tomasz G. <TGliwa_at_unisoft.com.pl> wrote in message news:8sjg59$j4$1_at_news.tpi.pl...

> > Based on the limited information you have provided the error message
 means
 that
> > the database cannot process the query. Since we don't know what the
 query
 is,