Re: ORA-00602

From: Walter T Rejuney <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 14:57:16 -0400

"Howard J. Rogers" wrote:

> "Walter T Rejuney" <BlueSax_at_Unforgetable.com> wrote in message
>
> I think he was trying to generalise, Walter.
>
> Personally, any time I see an Oracle 600 error message, I always think it
> time to call customer support without even a second thought. It's an
> internal error that Oracle should know about. Let them do the diagnosis
> (God knows they charge enough).
>
> Regards
> HJR
Over the years I have experienced numerous ORA-006xx errors. In most cases they were caused by a coding error that just couldn't be handled by the RDBMS. Once the code was fixed the error went away. In virtually every case if you looked at the code you'd probably think that what was being done was reasonable but ultimately it turned out that it wasn't reasonable to expect it to be done quite that way. I can really only think of two instances in which I had to report a bug and in once case I was able to eliminate the bug just by getting up to the current patch level and in the other case Oracle was able to come up with a work-around that ultimately gave me the results I needed. Received on Wed Oct 25 2000 - 13:57:16 CDT