Re: Sybrand: 8.1.5-->8.1.6 upgrade hangs. Clues?

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 11:50:51 GMT

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000 09:15:03 GMT, eskimo1234_at_my-deja.com wrote:

>It put up a status bar, and quickly zoomed to 95%. Cool!
>But then it stopped. Uncool.
>It's been sitting there for over an hour now.
>
>snip
>
>where (1) was launched by (2). Neither process is accumulating
>any CPU time; it looks like it's blocked, waiting for "something".
>
>Any ideas on how I can get the upgrade to complete?
>Or how I can debug this problem?

Strange. In UNIX, if a process is active but not clocking up CPU or I/O, then it is because it is waiting on soemthing. You positive this thing is not waiting for <CR> or other functuon key to be pressed even though there is no display of it anywhere? Could be a possibility...

HTH, good luck.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam