ORA-04062: name of name has been changed

From: Lefteris Vakalis <evakalis_at_singular.gr>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 15:48:41 +0300

Does anybody knows the actual reason of this error message, obtained by a form builder application when trying to run it on the client's database? The action suggested by "Oracle Errors" document is to: "Recompile the caller to obtain the new timestamp." Yes, but where? If I recompile the form to my development database and send it to the client I'll get the same error. Compiling the form on the client is out of question. So it must be another way to get out of this problem... There are two calls to database store functions, which are the same in client's database and in my development database except from a blank line added in the middle of the code to my development database. Geting the client's version here and recompiling the form does not resolve the problem. Maybe changing the REMOTE_DEPENDENCIES_MODE initialization parameter to use the "signature checking" instead of "timestamp checking" is better?

Any suggestion will be welcomed.
Thanks in advance

Lefteris Vakalis Received on Wed Sep 13 2000 - 07:48:41 CDT