Re: DB file not updated in ARCHIVELOG mode?

From: Yong Huang <yhuang_at_indigopool.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 12:45:03 -0500

Others have answered your questions.

When you say the datafile timestamp doesn't change, with what are you comparing? I think and remember datafiles could have a rather old timestamp on NT relative to checkpoint. That was on 7.3.4. Can you do this:

look at the timestamp of the datafile
immediately do a alter system checkpoint in SQL*Plus (or svrmgr) immediately look at the timestamp of the file again

BTW, what version of Oracle and what OS are you using?

Yong Huang
yhuang_at_indigopool.com