DB file not updated in ARCHIVELOG mode?

From: Ortwin Glück <glueck_at_freesurf.ch>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 21:45:23 +0200

I have Oracle running in ARCHIVELOG mode (for backup reasons). I recognized that the modified date of the database file does not change unless i shutdown/startup the instance. In NOARHCIVE mode the modified date is changed on logfile switch. Archived Logfiles are created though. Is the data actually written to the DB file on logfile switch? Can I safely delete old archived logfiles without losing data?

Ortwin Glueck Received on Fri Sep 08 2000 - 14:45:23 CDT