Re: WebDB connected to Oracle 8i on different machines?

From: Juhan Kundla <juhan_at_ensib.NICHT-SPAM.ee>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 16:19:40 +0200

Yes, you can have Oracle db server and WebDB listener on different machines. In my opinion it is strongly recommended. WebDB listener comes with Oracle Net*8 Client, so connecting a remote db is not a problem.

Anyway, if you are positive, that your db is accessible remotely via Net*8 and the Oracle Net*8 client on WebDB is correctly set up ($TNS_ADMIN, tnsnames.ora, sqlnet.ora), then open your tnsnames.ora file in text-editor. I'm sure, that the tnsname entry for your db is taking more than one line. I don't know how to call it -- is it feature or bug -- but the tnsname entry must take only ONE line in the tnsnames.ora file.

HTH,
Juhan

--
|NB! Please remove|