WebDB connected to Oracle 8i on different machines?

From: <amagus_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2000 01:48:58 GMT

I'm an Oracle newbie and was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I'm having
connecting WebDB 2.2 installed on TurboLinux from one machine to an Oracle 8.1.6 database installed on another Linux machine.

I have the Oracle 8.1.6 setup with TNS Listener running with the listener.ora set correctly (I think). When I install WebDB on the other Linux box, I get to the screen where it asks for the SYS password and TNS alias, and this is where I can't get pass the install.

I setup the tnsnames.ora with a TNS alias pointing to the Oracle server (using TCP, etc) and setup the TNS_ADMIN variable accordingly. Having done all this, I can't get pass the SYS password/TNS alias screen. I was told you can have WebDB and the Oracle database on different machines, so am I setting it up wrong or am I completely missing something?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jantz

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Sep 08 2000 - 20:48:58 CDT