Re: redo log question...

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 20:55:26 +0200

You can't resize redo logfiles. You need to use add and drop like you already outlined below.
I usually do the following
check which redo log groups are not in use by selecting from v$log. If the redolog group I want to drop is in use then
alter system switch logfile;

alter database drop logfile group <n>
alter database add logfile group <n>

and so on. So I actually reuse the group numbers. Four times 5M should for a start indeed be sufficient. Check the frequency of your switches in v$loghistory.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA