Re: AQ Availability

From: <chse30_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/08/10

Hi !

Taking from the OTN:

"If you purchase the product, Oracle8 Enterprise Edition, with the Objects Option, you will be able to use the full functionality of Oracle AQ."

I think its called "Oracle Objects Functionality" in the Custom Installation of Oracle.

Hope this helps.

/Christian

In article <8mppl6$sdg_at_cocoa.brown.edu>,   dlg_at_cs.brown.edu (Dan Gould) wrote:
> Appologies if this is a FAQ -- I've been searching the docs/net in
 vain
> for quite awhile to no avail. I'm just starting out developing with
> Oracle and the code I've written relies on Advanced Queuing.
 According
> to the docs, Oracle 8i EE includes the AQ option and Oracle doesn't
 seem
> to sell it separately.
>
> The CD Sun sent me with my machine and that I installed is labeled
> "Oracle 8i Enterprise Edition
> Release 8.1.5
> For Sun SPARC Solaris 2.6
>
> From the Oracle
> Technology Network"
>
> Yet, when I try to do a EXECUTE dbms_aqadm.CREATE_queue_table, I get
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Database queuing
> ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_AQADM_SYS", line 2005
> ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_AQADM", line 55
> ORA-06512: at line 1
>
> Moreover, V$OPTION contains:
> Database queuing
> FALSE
>
> Is there something I'm missing that I have to do to install AQ or is
 there
> some other product I have to buy?
>
> Thank you very much for your help.
>
> ---
> Daniel Gould
> "History being a branch of the biological sciences, its ultimate
 expression
> must be mathematical." --The Penguin Atlas of Ancient History

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Aug 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT