AQ Availability

From: Dan Gould <dlg_at_cs.brown.edu>
Date: 2000/08/08

Appologies if this is a FAQ -- I've been searching the docs/net in vain for quite awhile to no avail. I'm just starting out developing with Oracle and the code I've written relies on Advanced Queuing. According to the docs, Oracle 8i EE includes the AQ option and Oracle doesn't seem to sell it separately.

The CD Sun sent me with my machine and that I installed is labeled
"Oracle 8i Enterprise Edition

Release 8.1.5
For Sun SPARC Solaris 2.6

From the Oracle
Technology Network"

Yet, when I try to do a EXECUTE dbms_aqadm.CREATE_queue_table, I get   ERROR at line 1:

  ORA-00439: feature not enabled: Database queuing
  ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_AQADM_SYS", line 2005
  ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_AQADM", line 55
  ORA-06512: at line 1

Moreover, V$OPTION contains:
  Database queuing
  FALSE Is there something I'm missing that I have to do to install AQ or is there some other product I have to buy?

Thank you very much for your help.

---
Daniel Gould

"History being a branch of the biological sciences, its ultimate expression
must be mathematical." --The Penguin Atlas of Ancient History