Re: AQ Availability

From: Dan Gould <dlg_at_cs.brown.edu>
Date: 2000/08/10

chse30_at_my-deja.com wrote:
: Hi !

: Taking from the OTN:

: "If you purchase the product, Oracle8 Enterprise Edition, with the
: Objects Option, you will be able to use the full functionality of Oracle
: AQ."

: I think its called "Oracle Objects Functionality" in the Custom
: Installation of Oracle.

: Hope this helps.

: /Christian

I went to the Custom option in the OUI and made sure everything was installed. There is no specific line item for objects, but V$OPTION indicates Objects as TRUE. Moreover, that quote in the OTN seems to be discussing queue tables with an object as the payload type: I'm simply trying to get it working with a RAW paylod type (while I'm primary using C/OCI, one client will be written in Java where the AQ API only supports RAW payloads...)

Also, I do have
AQ_TM_PROCESSES =2
in the init(sid).ora file.

Thanks for the suggestions and please let me know if you have any further ideas.

---
Daniel Gould
"History being a branch of the biological sciences, its ultimate expression
must be mathematical."   --The Penguin Atlas of Ancient History