Re: How to grant me permissions to my own tables ?

From: <tjmxyz_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/08/04

1 Log in as the user you created the tables as ccburke. The type:
grant select,update,delete,insert on tablename to CCBURKE;

It is a little strange. Because as the user creating the tables you should have permission to do this already.

Check in DBA Studio for the "owner" beacuse

Or do
Select owner from dba_tables where table_name='tablename';

Just to verify the table where created under the user you thought they were.

HTH
In article <8mdm3j$odf$1_at_bunyip.cc.uq.edu.au>,   "Christopher Burke" <craznar_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> I created and filled a set of tables in Tablespace "CCBURKE" on an
 Oracle
> Server 8.0.6 on Solaris.
>
> Problem is that I don't have any permissions to the tables - how do I
 give
> myself permissions to read the tables.
>
> They are mine logging in as CCBURKE with the password works fine, but
> select * from CCBURKE.tablename returns a no such table error.
>
> CCBURKE is the user that created and filled the tables.
>
> I used an ODBC client to import the tables, the tables are actually
 there
> (I can see them in the GUI DBA Studio program).
>
> Help please.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Aug 04 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT