Just wondering - how big is big ???

From: Norazman Abu Sahir <norazman_at_ti.com>
Date: 2000/07/31

Hi,

Sorry but I need to ask from people who have the experience. (Understand different people will have different answer).

If we are measuring Oracle database what are the main factor explaining the server size. I have currently 3 in mind which is size(Gigabyte) and number of users, and numbers of transactions.

If for that 2 measurement what is the number I can present to the management to be fair for all type of business ie multi-national company to medium and small. I was only interested in Oracle no other RDBMS. In summary ,something like this.

DEFINATION OF BIG DATABASE: Multi-national company

  1. Size:
  2. No of users:
  3. No of transaction:

Medium size company

  1. Size:
  2. No of users:
  3. No of transaction:

Small company

  1. Size:
  2. No of users:
  3. No of transaction:

Thanks for replying. Received on Mon Jul 31 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT