Help! ORA-12560 Tns protocol error

From: <sjoshi_at_ingr.com>
Date: 2000/07/05

Hello All
 This error with Oracle is driving me nuts. I can do a tnsping to the service and lsnctrl says 1 listener configured. However if I go to server manager, I get an error ORA-12560 TNS protocol adapter error. I also the checked the sid under \ORACLE\HOME2 and it does have an entry for ORACLE_SID pointing to the correct instance.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks
Sunit

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jul 05 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT