Re: Larry Ellison comments on Microsoft's benchmark

From: Brad <Brad_at_SeeSigIfThere.com>
Date: 2000/07/12

So in the Oracle version there is just one disk system? That means if you have a huge database you have to have an over-priced singular disk array and we all know what happens if that fails as unlikely as that is. If I had to guess I would say that it would be cheaper to have a bunch of 2000/SQL active-passive boxes.

Wouldn't the performance be better in the MS architecture as well since you're relying on many disk systems instead of just one?

In article <53Ua5.39284$i5.489528_at_news1.frmt1.sfba.home.com>, ivana_humpalot_at_nospam.com said...