Re: Larry Ellison comments on Microsoft's benchmark

From: <ngreene_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/14

In article <MPG.13d63146247bad81989707_at_news>,   Brad <Brad_at_SeeSigIfThere.com> wrote:

> So in the Oracle version there is just one disk system? That means
> if you have a huge database you have to have an over-priced singular
> disk array and we all know what happens if that fails as unlikely as
> that is.

Having a "shared disk subsystem" does not mean you have one large disk array. With today's technology, or even yesturday's, this could easily be multiple array's or even multiple array's in a SAN configuration. Although, I doubt you will be running Oracle OPS on a SAN today with fiber channel hubs. :-(

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jul 14 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT