Re: How does one exp/imp of table into a different table in the same schema?

From: Karen <karen.abgarian_at_fmr.com>
Date: 2000/07/11

Hello,

You will only have a problem if you want to export/import the table into the same
schema. If this is not the case, you may want to use TO_USER to import into
another schema and then create a synonym for the new table.

If you still want to import into the same schema, you can (carefully) edit an export file
by changing all tablename occurences there (mommy would not advise you to do it in production).

However I dont see reasons why you cannot do CREATE as SELECT. Actually, since the table is so big you may encounter problems with imp/exp if the export file
exceeds 2G in size. With 8i you should be ok.

Hope this helps
Karen