Re: How does one exp/imp of table into a different table in the same schema?

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: 2000/07/12

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000 18:41:15 GMT, andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net (NetComrade) wrote:

>I am sure it could be something simple, but I just can't figure it
>out. I need to keep the old table for now b/c it's used in production.
>Create table as select also is not a great idea, since the table is
>50000000 records.

hehehe! Interesting problem. Let's try this:

1- Rename old_table to new_table
2- Exp new_table
3- Rename new_table to old_table
4- Imp exported file.

Until end of 3 you can't have anybody touching old_table, for obvious reasons. Or else be prepared for some errors...

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Wed Jul 12 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT