Re: Need oracle best practices docs

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/07/02

sfdba2go_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> Hi,
> I've been asked by my CTO to produce an Oracle best practices document
> which we intend to use as a guide to running Oracle 8.x (on Solaris and
> HP/UX) at our site.
>
> I'm willing to pay money ($3k max) for such a document.
>
> It should cover most of the tasks which a DBA typically completes.
>
> The databases will be supporting large b2c websites which may support
> up to 100,000 concurrent connections.
>
> The architecture will be what I call 4 tier:
>
> browser->web server->app tier->8.x
>
> The web server will be either netscape or apache.
>
> The app tier will use Net8 (not ODBC) to talk with 8.x.
>
> I could write such a document myself but (like most people) I'm in a
> giant hurry and I need to concentrate on implementation issues which
> are specific to our environment.
>
> I'd like to settle payment through paypal.com which is a common method
> to settle payments for items sold at ebay.com
>
> If you too are looking for such a document, check with me in a few
> weeks or months and perhaps we could work a deal.
>
> My email:
> sfdba2go_at_my-deja.com
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Search for "Scaling Oracle8i" by James Morle on any reputable book seller site. As far as most DBA books go (and I've wasted money in the past on many) this is top notch.

(And no I'm not on a commission)

HTH

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk

We are born naked, wet and hungry...then things get worse