Need oracle best practices docs

From: <sfdba2go_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/07/02

Hi,
I've been asked by my CTO to produce an Oracle best practices document which we intend to use as a guide to running Oracle 8.x (on Solaris and HP/UX) at our site.

I'm willing to pay money ($3k max) for such a document.

It should cover most of the tasks which a DBA typically completes.

The databases will be supporting large b2c websites which may support up to 100,000 concurrent connections.

The architecture will be what I call 4 tier:

browser->web server->app tier->8.x

The web server will be either netscape or apache.

The app tier will use Net8 (not ODBC) to talk with 8.x.

I could write such a document myself but (like most people) I'm in a giant hurry and I need to concentrate on implementation issues which are specific to our environment.

I'd like to settle payment through paypal.com which is a common method to settle payments for items sold at ebay.com

If you too are looking for such a document, check with me in a few weeks or months and perhaps we could work a deal.

My email:
sfdba2go_at_my-deja.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Jul 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT