where do i put the tnsnames.ora file?

From: Java Developer <mozkill_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/21

I read the Understanding SQL*Net document at the oracle site and I looked for news group messages and searched for additional info on the Oracle site and java.sun.com site and I could find nothing that told me WHERE to put the tnsnames.ora file.

Does anyone know where it goes or any of these other files? I found these files on my linux system:

$ORACLE_HOME/admin/samples/tnsnames.ora
$ORACLE_HOME/admin/samples/listener.ora
$ORACLE_HOME/admin/samples/cman.ora
$ORACLE_HOME/admin/samples/names.ora
$ORACLE_HOME/admin/samples/sqlnet.ora

Help! I am asking this because I get a connection refused message when I try to connect with the JDBC type 4 oracle java drivers and I fear that it is a problem with my connection string or tnsnames.ora configuration.

Thanks,
Jon Williams
mozkill_at_yahoo.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Jun 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT