Re: controlfile extend problem

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: 2000/06/05

Is the disk system full? That would stop the control file from expanding. Also, I had a bug in Oracle 8.0.4 on Solaris where the control file would not expand if the block size was set at 16K. This is a known bug. You might want to consider calling Support and seeing if this is an issue with your version and platform.

HTH,
Brian

bann3094_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This message keeps popping up in the alert.log of a database that my
> friend is Administrating.
>
> -------------------------------
>
> kccexpd: controlfile not expanded: would require 28226 block(s), max is
> 20000
> krcpwnc: following controlfile record written over:

> All I know is that the company is running Oracle 8i. I think the OS is
> LINUX.
>
> I thought that the only limit on you controlfile was available disk
> space.
>
> You help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Roger.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/