Fuzzy match for ORACLE

From: Martin Buhl <mbr_at_bankinvest.dk>
Date: 2000/06/02

Hey Everybody

I need to do some fuzzy matching of new data and the data allready in the db, before updating the db.
I wonder if I can find any PL SQL fuzzy match functions written by other programmers that I could use.
What is the easiest way to implement fuzzymatching with ORACL ?

My only other choice (as I see it) is to select all data form the db and bring it to the client and then run it through a fuzzy match function that I write my self in C++.
I would really like to avoid this practice.

So if anybody knows what the easiest way to do server side fuzzy matching with oracle is, your help will be appreciated.

//Martin   Received on Fri Jun 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT