controlfile extend problem

From: <bann3094_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/06/02

Hello,

This message keeps popping up in the alert.log of a database that my friend is Administrating.

kccexpd: controlfile not expanded: would require 28226 block(s), max is 20000
krcpwnc: following controlfile record written over:

All I know is that the company is running Oracle 8i. I think the OS is LINUX. I thought that the only limit on you controlfile was available disk space.

   You help will be greatly appreciated.

         Roger.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Jun 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT