NLS_DATE_FORMAT and SQL Loader

From: <christopher.lewis_at_ac.com>
Date: 2000/06/01

Hi all,
I'm trying to export data to a flat file using a sqlldr script, however the date fields get exported without the time stamp. I know I need to change the NLS_DATE_FORMAT, I'm just not sure of the best place to do it. I've tried adding an alter session command within the UNIX shell script I'm using that calls SQLPlus to do the export, but this doesn't seem to work. I've also tried adding it as an environment variable, but this doesn't seem to help either... I'd rather not have to change the init.ora file or add an alter session statement within a db logon trigger... Any suggestions? Thanks!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jun 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT