Re: NLS_DATE_FORMAT and SQL Loader

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: 2000/06/02

On Thu, 01 Jun 2000 19:32:03 GMT, christopher.lewis_at_ac.com wrote:

>I've tried adding an alter session command within the UNIX shell
>script I'm using that calls SQLPlus to do the export, but this doesn't
>seem to work.

That should work, unless you are invoking SQL*Plus separately to execute the ALTER SESSION command. The alteration only "sticks" until the SQL*Plus executable exits.

Another approach you could try is to use TO_CHAR in your select statement. For example:

SELECT TO_CHAR(SYSDATE,'DD-MON-YYYY HH:MI:SS') FROM DUAL; Using TO_CHAR, you don't need to alter your session at all.

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are Received on Fri Jun 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT