Re: Create DB from read-only NFS mount $ORACLE_HOME

From: Mike Hately <mike.hately_at_virgin.net>
Date: 2000/05/24

Ken

You would need read write on $ORACLE_HOME/dbs and also on your background/core/user dump file destinations. I've NFS mounted an ORACLE_HOME once before (with R/W permissions) and it wasn't as slow as I thought it might be as long as all of your DB files (incl. redos and control files) are local. Mind you, I wouldn't recommend it either !

Another quality email from ...

Mike

P.S. Don't try to simultaneously start identically named instances on the remote and local server :) . It will only frustrate you. Any suggestion that I once tried this in the dim and distant past will be strenuously denied.