Re: $ Value of DBA Certification

From: Martin Rapier <m.rapier_at_sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: 2000/05/24

Adrian J. Shepherd <theshepherds_at_hotmail.com> wrote in article <INyW4.1175$J5.71110_at_stones>...
> I would say the difference would be market influenced at somewhere
 between
> the salary of a DBA with 2 yeas experience and a Senior DBA.
> In the U.K. I would hazard a guess at the difference between £35K and
 £40K
> so your $9000 isn't too far off the mark, maybe a bit high, and I would
 also
> suggest that the raise be incremented over a 2 year period.

I sometimes wonder if the certification stuff is worth doing for old lags like me (I started on Oracle over ten years ago), or if it is just a cunning plan by Oracle Education to get those classes packed.

Any thoughts, is it worth it compared to just doing the New Features courses as and when they come up? If so, I might pursue it with the Powers That Be. I can certainly see the value for newcomers to Oracle as it is somewhat feature rich compared to other products!

Cheers
Martin. Received on Wed May 24 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT