Re: $ Value of DBA Certification

From: Adrian J. Shepherd <theshepherds_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/05/23

I would say the difference would be market influenced at somewhere between the salary of a DBA with 2 yeas experience and a Senior DBA. In the U.K. I would hazard a guess at the difference between £35K and £40K so your $9000 isn't too far off the mark, maybe a bit high, and I would also suggest that the raise be incremented over a 2 year period.

IMHO of course.

"Kirk W. Conrad" <kwconrad_at_mdanderson.org> wrote in message news:8geaqu$bhe$1_at_oac2.hsc.uth.tmc.edu...
> The institution I work at is evaluating the amount of extra annual
 money
> that might be paid to employees that pass Oracle DBA certification when
 the
> certification is made a requirement for some positions. No money would be
> paid until all tests are passed.
> My guess is at least $9,000, of course I may be biased sinced I'm a
 DBA.