Re: 8i client is there not a better way???

From: Tim Hentzel <thentzel_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/05/17

if you are looking for database admin tools, i suggest installing the oracle enterprise manager -- it provides a pretty good gui for these tasks.

for application development, all sorts of tools are available, a relatively popular one is toad from toadsoft (http://www.toadsoft.com).

tim

In article <39231445.12975958_at_news1.on.sympatico.ca>,   tux_at_sympatico.ca (mj) wrote:
> Hi
> I would like to know if there is another method other than the SQLPlus
> dialog box for client remote administration. A front end to the server
> on my Win95 workstation box would be great.
> I usually love working with the command line, but I am a newbie to
> Oracle and would like to visually see what I am attempting to do
> instead of hit and miss with the SQL Plus dialog box.
>
> Thanks MJ

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed May 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT