Re: Enterprise Manager

From: spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net>
Date: 2000/05/07

My understanding is that the license for Oracle Enterprise Manager is included
with the database server, with both the
Standard and Enterprise Editions.

The OEM add-on packs (diagnostics,
change management, performance, etc.)
are extra cost options, available only
with Enterprise Edition.

The OEM add-on packs must be licensed
for the same number of "named users" or
"power units" as the database server.

If I have this wrong, I'm sure someone
will correct me.

"Pat Boivin" <lori.pat_at_ns.sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:39162B5D.B5CB2F1A_at_ns.sympatico.ca...
> I heard from our point person at work that the OEM Performance
 Pack is extremely
> expensive, something like $1200 per user (not CONCURRENT user,
 but counting
> anyone with a DB account).
>
> What they told me doesn't seem to match what's at the Oracle
 Store, so I am a
> little leery about the figures bandied about.
>
> But I was surprised to see you mention that if one buys Oracle
 one is "entitled"
> to it.
>
> Can you elaborate on this? Did you mean that if one purchases
 an Oracle RDBMS
> license, then one can use the base package, i.e. just monitor
 whether instances
> are up or down and little more?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Pat.
>
> Van Messner wrote:
>
> > You are entitled to it if you bought Oracle, but in the
 8.1.5 version it

> > > I'm installing Oracle 8.1.5 and for the life of me can't
 get Enterprise
> > > Manager installed. Is this included in 8i Standard
 Edition or does it