OAS and 8i on single machine (NT4.0)

From: chris_p <phillips_chrisNOphSPAM_at_hotmail.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/04/17

Hi,

  I am attempting to set up my laptop with Oracle 8i enterprise edition (8.1.5) with OAS (4.0.7). My knowledge of networking is basic. Can anyone help me with the simplest set up. Do I need to install 8i and OAS from different Administrators. I know that I need to use different Oracle homes, but what about tnsnames.ora? Should I use 'Bequeath' ? Since I am installing onto a nonnetworked  laptop, what domain should I use?
  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris_P