TNS: no listener (intermittently)

From: Jack Burton <jburton_at_brio.com>
Date: 2000/04/18

I recently installed Personal Oracle 8.0.3 on my NT Server running 4.0 Sp5. Throughout the day my listener stops responding for no apparent reason. I realize this when I get the message TNS: no listener when trying to connect. I stop and restart the OracleTNSListener80 service and it works again for a while but then stops again at random times throughout the day. The listener.log file doesn't appear to be helpful.

Anyone else ever run into this?

Thanks,

Jack Received on Tue Apr 18 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT