Re: Oracle Agent Problem

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: 2000/04/10

If you are running 8.1.5 you probably have the Enterprise Manager installed in a separate Oracle home. That means OEM has its own tnsnames.ora file which has to be set up the same way as you database tnsnames.ora. After doing that you should be able to discover the various nodes in OEM. If you have intelligent agents running on the nodes then OEM will see them and discovery will be automatic. If not, OEM will offer you a chance to discover the nodes but you will be able to do fewer things on those without intelligent agents. I have one OEM 2.0.4 manager with approximately 20 nodes ranging from 7.3 on Novell to 8.1.6 on NT. Also some intermediate UNIX nodes. So OEM will accommodate a wide range of versions and platforms.

Van