Re: import, please help.

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/03/22

imp error messages usually don't lie. If imp reports the file to exist, the file exists.
The only other reason why include destroy=y would file, is the file in the create tablespace statement doesn't have the same size as the file on disk. In that case the only solution is to remove manually the files on disk. As to the 1658 error message: apparently you have exported with compress=y. You should never do that. compress=y simply calculates all currently allocated space for an object and makes sure the the initial extent for the target object is as big as the allocated space. The newly calculated initial extent may not fit in your tablespace.
The only other option with respect to this error is the target tablespace doesn't exist due to the create tablespace errors and the object ends up in the default tablespace for the user, which is now apparently too small. I'm not sure why you need a practical example. I provided several of them in the last few weeks, and of course they are in the manual. You seem to have a specific situation about which you provide little background. A normal export will import like a breeze, the only problem being incorrect filenames, which will force you to precreate the tablespaces.

Regards,
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA