import, please help.

From: Tom Karlsson <xenon_at_aegir.vision.auc.dk>
Date: 2000/03/22

Hey all,

I'm currently trying to do a full import to a newly installed Oracle 8.0.5 on linux (the dump file is exported from oracle 8.0.5 for linux aswell).

I've followed the standard install steps, but when trying to import I get some of the following errors :

IMP-00015: following statement failed because the object already exists:
"CREATE TABLESPACE "RBS" DATAFILE '/u02/oradata/orcl/rbs01.dbf' SIZE
157286"
"40 DEFAULT STORAGE (INITIAL 131072 NEXT 131072 MINEXTENTS 2 MAXEX
(a lot of those)

IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1658 encountered
ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace USERS
IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 1658:

"CREATE TABLE "A......//......
"E 50 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1 BUFFER_POOL DEFAULT) TABLESPACE
"USERS""
IMP-00003: ORACLE error 1658 encountered
ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace USERS
IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 1658:

(a lot of stuff is missing in the imported database)

I've tried using DESTROY=Y, but that doesn't seem to make a difference. I've seen some past mails about import, but they're too general and doesn't go into detail (or give a practical example) on how to do a full import. Anyone who can tell me how to make a proper full import?.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Friendly regards

Tom Received on Wed Mar 22 2000 - 00:00:00 CST