Archive Multiplex on NT

From: Brad Hecox <brad_at_pipelinesoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 23:21:36 GMT

Hi. I am attempting to setup a database in 8.0.5 that duplexes the archive logs to a network directory on NT. I have set the log_archive_duplex_dest = network path and the log_archive_min_succeed_dest = 2. When I attempt to start the instance I get the following error:

ORA-00256: error occurred in translating archive text string 'i:\oradata\archive'

ORA-09291: sksachk: invalid device specified for archive destination
OSD-04018: Unable to access the specified directory or device.
O/S-Error: (OS 5) Access is denied.

I know the problem has to do with Oracle not having access to the mapped drive.
How do I solve this problem in order to duplex the archive log files?

Thanks!

Brad Hecox
brad_at_pipelinesoftware.com Received on Tue Feb 22 2000 - 17:21:36 CST