Re: 8i/815.0.2 patch on linux - I'm stuck, help...

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 16:28:48 GMT

>1. After patches are applied, it says
>"Please link the Oracle Intelligent Agent executables now,
>as outlined in the Release Note." How do I relink that
>stuff? I couldn't find any docs about it on my CD.

I can't help you on question 1.

>2. The first time I ran the patches, generated log files
>complained that there was no gmake on my system. So, I created
>a link from gmake to make and reran the patch process. Was that
>allright to do?

I tried the same thing using Caldera 2.3, and I still got errors when I applied the patch. I ended up installing Red Hat 6.0, Reinstalling oracle, and reapplying the patch. Everything worked fine using Red Hat. I believe Oracle only certifies 8i for Red Hat.

I don't recall getting the message about relinking the Intelligent Agent executables after switching to Red Hat. It's possible that I did. I just don't remember.

Hope thishelps,

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are Received on Tue Feb 22 2000 - 10:28:48 CST