8i/815.0.2 patch on linux - I'm stuck, help...

From: <sergey_s_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 07:03:51 GMT

I applied the patch per instructions in README on Oracle technet. Now, nothing works. I'm running OpenLinux 2.2

  1. After patches are applied, it says
    "Please link the Oracle Intelligent Agent executables now,
    as outlined in the Release Note." How do I relink that stuff? I couldn't find any docs about it on my CD.
  2. The first time I ran the patches, generated log files complained that there was no gmake on my system. So, I created a link from gmake to make and reran the patch process. Was that allright to do?
  3. Second time around, the generated logs had an awful lot of "No such file or directory" messages. Can that be ignored?
  4. When I go into svrmgrl, I get
    "ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not
    exist". I can't startup an instance. How do I fix this one?

Thank you!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Feb 20 2000 - 01:03:51 CST