Java vs Oracle Forms

From: <coakleyj_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 14:46:04 GMT

Hi all.

I have a team currently developing a GUI front-end using JAVA.

Now, it seems very complex. For example, all buttons must have listener events for each action on each button.

Now, I have been programming Oracle Forms for a number of years, and it was nothing near as complex as this. All I had to do was write the code for the event, and not worry about listening for the event.

Was the Oracle Forms runtime environment providing this functionality for me in the background?
If so, are there any tools on the market that provide this "container" or supporting functionality for Java, so as to allow developers concentrate on the more business-level functionality?

Can these tools be downloaded as part of an applet?

Thanks

Coakleyj

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Feb 12 2000 - 08:46:04 CST