Re: Java vs Oracle Forms

From: dave mausner <dmausner_at_ameritech.x.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 18:28:38 GMT

coakleyj_at_hotmail.com wrote in <883rnc$47f$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>:

>Was the Oracle Forms runtime environment providing this functionality
>for me in the background?
>If so, are there any tools on the market that provide this "container"
>or supporting functionality for Java, so as to allow developers
>concentrate on the more business-level functionality?

in my opinion, oracle developer-based forms are overlooked because programmers want to use java no matter what. developer/2000 and developer 6.0 are capable of producing web-enabled applications. since the interaction with the window and the database is an essential part of the forms runtime environment, developers can concentrate more on business issues than code.
--
dave mausner Received on Sun Feb 13 2000 - 12:28:38 CST