Re: Autostarting Oracle 8.0.5 for Linux

From: Erwin Dondorp <erwindon_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 18:30:20 +0100

If you use DEBIAN/GNU (or Corel) Linux, you can install a package from <http://home.wxs.nl/~erwindon/oratools.html> (I'm working on a RPM image, but I need a new harddisk first) If you use another linux, you can take the startup file from the archive which is basically a "ar" file.

        Erwin

Greg Akins wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am still getting familiar with the startup scripts and their
> order of execution... So if somebody could give me some
> direction for adding the database startup commands into the
> startup sequence, I'd much appreciate.
>
> Right now I've just got LSNRCTL start in my .bashrc_profile.
> Then I open and mount the database manually.
>
> -greg

Erwin Dondorp
<http://www.dondorp.com/> Received on Fri Feb 11 2000 - 11:30:20 CST