Re: importing xls spread sheet into a table

From: M. Armaghan Saqib <armaghan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 04:11:58 GMT

You could also use my utility SQL Link for XL to directly insert data into
an Oracle table from XL.

regards,
M. Armaghan Saqib

+---------------------------------------------------------------
+---------------------------------------------------------------
maz <maz_at_tdiinc.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm a beginner in this newsgroup and the the oracle DB. I am trying
> import a xls spread sheet into a table. I know I have to convert the
> file into text format and then import it. but the import utility
cannot
> read the txt file. :(
>
> can someone please describe the procedure for importing? I need this
> very fast. any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanx,
>
> --
> Maz Mohammadi Senior Member of the Technical Staff
> mailto:maz_at_tdiinc.com (408)330-3421
> http://www.tdiinc.com TDI(Technology Deployment International)
>
> "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
> build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying
> to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
> -- Rich Cook

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Feb 10 2000 - 22:11:58 CST