importing xls spread sheet into a table

From: maz <maz_at_tdiinc.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 11:02:19 -0800

Hello,

I'm a beginner in this newsgroup and the the oracle DB. I am trying to import a xls spread sheet into a table. I know I have to convert the file into text format and then import it. but the import utility cannot read the txt file. :(

can someone please describe the procedure for importing? I need this very fast. any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanx,

--

Maz Mohammadi    Senior Member of the Technical Staff

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."