Re: Unix file system full

From: Alex Hudghton <alex_at_alenda.NOSPAM!.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 10:29:37 GMT

Did you have autoextend switched on on the datafiles ?

You may be able to shrink the datafiles back with

'Alter database datafile 'filename' resize <size> M'

This depends on where the data is located in the datafile. Otherwise I think you need to export / import after recreating the tablespace at a smaller size.

Do you need the space for something else ? Because there is no problem in running with the filesystem at 100%, unless it clashes with monitors you have in place :-)

Regards

Alex