views & indexes

From: Steve <chaisell_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 21:14:57 GMT

when I execute a select from a view how do i insure that the view select stmt is using indexes?

My view select stmt does include a 'union', reads from three different tables.

Does the view select stmt. use the data passed in from the select stmt. to the view?

Right now my explain plan shows a full table scan on 2 tables. And twice because of the union.

Is there a better way?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Received on Thu Jan 27 2000 - 15:14:57 CST