Parallel Query on Single CPU

From: <cosmin_ioan_at_msn.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 20:55:03 GMT

... um.... on NT....

yeah, it's not a typo.... nor it is a joke <g> :-) ...

just for kicks, I wanted to know from the experts on this forum if having a degree of 2 or 4 might improve processing time. My initial thought is that it may actually be **much** slower due to the slicing of the processes on the single CPU!?

--performance aside, whether I use alter session enable parallel dml; or alter table...degree x...
or use hints and for some weird reason, I am not seeing any references to parallel processing in the plan (wether I execute the query on a single or dual cpu NT boxes. what gives!?

thanks a bunch,

Cosmin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Jan 27 2000 - 14:55:03 CST