Re: views & indexes

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 22:39:01 +0800

Steve wrote:

> when I execute a select from a view how do i insure that
> the view select stmt is using indexes?
>
> My view select stmt does include a 'union', reads from three
> different tables.
>
> Does the view select stmt. use the data passed in from the
> select stmt. to the view?
>
> Right now my explain plan shows a full table scan on 2 tables.
> And twice because of the union.
>
> Is there a better way?
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Thanks,

Views can use indexes - however readup on view integration versus view resolution. Under certain circumstances, a view has to be fully evaluated before "external" predicates can be applied.

HTH
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Thu Jan 27 2000 - 08:39:01 CST